Request for Sunrise/sunset trigger with offset

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

dali
Starting Member
Starting Member

Request for Sunrise/sunset trigger with offset

Post by dali »

Hi,

Yesterday I started setting up DomotiGa for live usage, instead of just testing stuff.
There's a feature that I really miss, the ability to set an offset on a sunrise/sunset based trigger, i.e a trigger that will run X minutes before/after sunrise/sunset.
Could this be easily implemented?

Also, I don't think sunrise/sunset triggers should be user editable. Maybe a group of non editable system defined trigger should be implemented?
j.hoekstra

Re: Request for Sunrise/sunset trigger with offset

Post by j.hoekstra »

dali wrote:Hi,

Yesterday I started setting up DomotiGa for live usage, instead of just testing stuff.
There's a feature that I really miss, the ability to set an offset on a sunrise/sunset based trigger, i.e a trigger that will run X minutes before/after sunrise/sunset.
Could this be easily implemented?

Also, I don't think sunrise/sunset triggers should be user editable. Maybe a group of non editable system defined trigger should be implemented?
Isn't the dark and light variable compatible to what you want?
I tried using those for events but they don't seem to be doing exactly as I want, but that's another story ;)
dali
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dali »

As I said, I want to be able to set an offset to sunset/sunrise.
Let's say I want the lights in my kitchen windows to turn on 1 hour before it starts to get dark.
j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

Good point ;)

Would be nice to have those as well as general timers, but I can't program to save my life :s
Hope it gets added though, it would help creating better events...
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

The events module is not up to par with the rest of the code.
It's on my to-do list to expand it for a long time, with all the possible options, timers, send tweet, e-mails.
I had planned to revamp it last weekend, but other things got in the way, one of them was moving my hobby-shack to a different part of the attic. You can't images what a pile of cable I came across while doing that :shock: and how much time it took to get it all sorted.

Comparing variables of type Boolean (like Dark is) doesn't work properly, it's a known bug.

I will start to work on the events module soon.
Regards, Ron.
dali
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dali »

Most of the features in DomotiGa are awesome, but the event is missing alot. I'm very glad to hear that it's going to be fixed.

Will the reworked code be modular so that we can have one or more triggers for an event, set status for more than one device, and maybe use complex if/else statements?
I think I've seen some screenshots of Homeseer thatindicates that it has theese kind of features. Maybe that could be an inspiration?
gvdham

Post by gvdham »

Is this request yet implemented? Started using Domotige and was almost the first thing I missed/overlooked...

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”