squeezepod [ipod/phone sqbox client]

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

squeezepod [ipod/phone sqbox client]

Post by r_255 »

It isn't perfect and still in development but yesterday i found squeezepod and bought it from the app store . ( $5.99 )

Kind of funny to stream over 3g and could be a nice one if this could be running in the background and use ipeng or hstouch client for control.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/squeezep ... 82128?mt=8

After testing the app i can be only positive about what the future is going to bring.

In the bus it worked out quit well, the app is responsive and sound is good. that was until i reached my operators 3g blackspot and connection dropped...
At work i have been listening to my homebased squeeze server thru wifi and never noticed any dropout. Back home i connected the iphone to my a2dp sender/reciever and plays again without any problem ( motorola dc-800 ). It can be controlled thru the other squeezeboxes, the duets controller, homeseer and everything i came up with.

So far this is something i tried years back on my wince mobiles but never worked out as it should be. ( talking about recieving thru wifi and sending out to a2dp )

Besides the IP that you have to fill in everytime you change the way you connect ( thru lan/local or wan/external ) and the lack of controlling other squeezbox clients is the only points that could do better i could find so far.
bako70
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: squeezepod [ipod/phone sqbox client]

Post by bako70 »

r_255 wrote:It isn't perfect and still in development but yesterday i found squeezepod and bought it from the app store . ( $5.99 )

Kind of funny to stream over 3g and could be a nice one if this could be running in the background and use ipeng or hstouch client for control.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/squeezep ... 82128?mt=8

After testing the app i can be only positive about what the future is going to bring.

In the bus it worked out quit well, the app is responsive and sound is good. that was until i reached my operators 3g blackspot and connection dropped...
At work i have been listening to my homebased squeeze server thru wifi and never noticed any dropout. Back home i connected the iphone to my a2dp sender/reciever and plays again without any problem ( motorola dc-800 ). It can be controlled thru the other squeezeboxes, the duets controller, homeseer and everything i came up with.

So far this is something i tried years back on my wince mobiles but never worked out as it should be. ( talking about recieving thru wifi and sending out to a2dp )

Besides the IP that you have to fill in everytime you change the way you connect ( thru lan/local or wan/external ) and the lack of controlling other squeezbox clients is the only points that could do better i could find so far.
I agree , it's absolutely Value for Money. I tested the squeezepod using the 3G network driving on the A2 to my work. It sounds perfect, only 1 or 2 dropout because of 3g blackspot.
When you portforward the 9000 and 9090 port of your squeeze server, you can actually control your squeezebox from everywhere, like work for example.

I hope there will be updates on the squeezepod bringing new features....
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: squeezepod [ipod/phone sqbox client]

Post by Snelvuur »

i had squeezemobile.. i think it does the same but this one looks slicker..
// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”