NSLU2 with rfxcom, xpl-perl

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

Kroonen

Post by Kroonen »

Hi,

Arre there already people who has on a NSLU2 http://www.nslu2-linux.org/

rfxcom with xpl-perl or heyu for x10 working? it's cheap and it doen't cost much energy, and wtih a 2gb usb stick it's silent too

richard
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

xpl-perl does not work under nslu2, or you need to make a seperate package perhaps..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

I like the idea of a USB memory stick.. They're VERY cheap and it's probably more than they NSLU needs for running software..

A few weeks back I talked to someone who has the NSLU with X10 Heyu running. Let me try to get more details. One nice thing is to use http://domus.link.co.pt/. This is a webinterface for Heyu on the NSLU. I'm about to get a NSLU. Now find some time to do testing ;-)

DJ
Brunt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Brunt »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />xpl-perl does not work under nslu2, or you need to make a seperate package perhaps..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Who knows what worked back in 2007, but just to say that xpl-perl works fine with an rfxcom receiver using Debian 'lenny' on the LinkSys NSLU2. And indeed I'm using a memory stick as the only 'disk'.

Perhaps it was one of the other distributions for the NSLU2 (such as 'Unslung') that xpl-perl didn't work with. It's just perl, therefore as long as you can get perl and the required modules to work, then xpl-perl should work.

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”