SC9000 with Rex 10

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
DSP
Starting Member
Starting Member

SC9000 with Rex 10

Post by DSP »

Hi

After a few burglaries I invested in a SC9000 and a Rex 10 (barking dog)
The Rex 10 comes with a DM10 outside motion detector with dusk/dawn detector swiching adress+1
In a tree in the garden I hung 2 halogen lights of 2000W, when lit it's like a soccerfield, so that is nice.
The lights are controled bij a AW12 which is set to A15, just like the Rex10 and the DM10. This works fine, the dog barks (not really convincing) an the lights shine (very convincing) for 4 minutes or as long there is motion. The thought here is to get the normal gardenlights working on A16 with the DM10 dusk/dawn lateron.

So far so good.

The SC9000 is set to A1. If burglars are not scared off by my vicious Rex 10 they should face the alarm SC9000. The alarm sends all lights on/off. At this point it would be nice to have my lights in the tree start flashing on and off to attract atention of the rest of the village. The AW12 responds to all lights on/off with a SH624 so it is programmed correctly. It does however not respond to the SC9000.
After a lot of reading on X10 (sorry I never used it before) I figured that all lights on/all lights off is not the case and should be replaced with a few lights on/a few lights off. Only lights on A1 and A2 go on and off.

So I tried to set both units to A1. Now the lights then work as planned (first rex10 barking+lights on, then SC9000 alarm+lights flashing) but the light now also respond to dusk/dawn (I think DM10 interfacing directly with the SC9000?) so not really as I want it. Also the lights don't go off anymore after 4 minutes in this setting. Dusk/dawn is taking over control somehow although the AW12 is also set to A1 where this should not happen by the rex10. Also I don't know what I control with the remote anymore.

I really don't see a solution to get this done so who helps me out on this one? How should I set the units to get everything working as described?

apreceate!
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: SC9000 with Rex 10

Post by drmacchi »

Sorry i must read you post better, but i make a little note : SC9000 has standard settings on B1 (not A1) , as external power horn is on B2. Please let me know. Ciao :)
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

sc-9000 : B1
on alarm : B1 internal power-horn will start , A1, A2 lamps will flash for some time (don't remeber how many minutes) then these lamps will stay on until you shut down, dog will bark because is on A1 and issued by sc-9000 (reference : pag 5 of this manual http://www.intellihome.be/UserFiles/man ... ingDog.pdf )

on PIR trigger : Virtual dog will bark , A1 lamp(s) will be on (reference : pag 4 of this manual http://www.intellihome.be/UserFiles/man ... ingDog.pdf )

the problem is that you don't want dusk/dawn activity, isn't it? a page 5.............. " This motion detector can also turn
lights on at dusk and turn them off again at dawn"........ it seems that you can not disable dusk/dawn feature. Very strange !
DSP
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by DSP »

Thanks drmacci for your interest. The unit is indeed not a SC9000 but a SC28. It should be al full clone but as you noticed there are differences. This one has factorysettings A1 and triggers A1 an A2 on alarm.

The DM10 and the barking dog work fine together. As I described earlier I've set them both to A15 and the AW12 is also set to A15.
Without the sc28 all is well. the dusk/dawn commands don't reach the AW15 since they are send to A15+1.
So the dog barks and the lights go on for 4 minutes, or as long as there is motion.

When I also set the SC28 to A15, the dusk/dawn commands reach both A15 and A15+1. This is done by the SC28. Weird. I'm starting to understand why I couldn't order "X10 for dummies" It's clearly not made to be understandeble but to be unpredicteble)

I've now set the SC28 to A14 and something beautifull is starting to happen: It works!
The only anoying this time is that when all lights on/off is send from the SC28-alarm, the barking dog joins the party going on and off also. Why would this thing be programmed to respond to this command??? I really don't see any use for this behaviour.

Stli a little doggytraining to do but I've made a big progress.

Next step in line: Get the rest of my gardenlights going on A16 swiched by the DM10 (should be simple) an my houselights on A14 (I think???) advice would be appreciated!
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

Ok , go on now also your mind is plugged to x-10 world , welcome to Fight Club :D :D . Your next step will be : to buy some filters for power line noise... you'll see it.
Ciao, Lorenzo.

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”