[Patch] Home Simulation

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

hhg
Starting Member
Starting Member

[Patch] Home Simulation

Post by hhg »

Here over the Xmas holiday I've added a simple kind of home simulation to my DomotiGa installation so the house look "inhabited" despite we were away.

It's very simple: I just "replay" last weeks device value changes. So to use it, you need all changes to be logged in DomotiGa, either by having everything controlled by the system, or use 2-way devices, that report local initiated status changes back to DomotiGa.

The overall functionality is controlled by a new global variable: Simulation. Value: On or Off. That way, it can be controlled by Events (e.g. enabled/disabled by a switch at the front door), and current status taking into account when evaluating PIR events etc.

When the functionality is enabled, every minute it looks for changes that happened a week ago, an "replay" those. Requirements: Devices must be switchable and/or dimmable, log to DB must be on (otherwise, no "history" to replay) and member of a group called "Simulation" - You don't want the coffee maker to start when your out of town...

I hope others find it useful.

Happy new year

hhg
Attachments
home-simulate.patch.tar.gz
(826 Bytes) Downloaded 270 times
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: [Patch] Home Simulation

Post by RDNZL »

Simple way to do this, nice work.