Xanura daix/saix status request

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
brennus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Xanura daix/saix status request

Post by brennus »

Hi,

I read about xanura modules being 2-way. Does that mean i should be able to query the status from homeseer? Or just that the internal actuator tells the internal interface it switched on or off (without sending this information to activehomepor or homeseer)?

regards,

Brenn
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

You can query the status of Xanura devices. However you need to program each device to respond to status requests. Within Homeseer you can use the poll function to query the status.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Xanura daix/saix status request

Post by Bwired »

Mmhh, i do not need to program my xanura modules for status request, only house and devicecode.
The latest Xanura modules like saix12 etc have default status request on.
So when you locally switch the outlet by hand the xanura will put the status on the powerline which can be received by programs like Homeseer.
Status request can also be send to module and the module will answer with the current status
brennus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by brennus »

Ah thanks!

i read the instruction manual in dutch and appearantly i did not understand what they meant there..
Which means i have to dismount my ceiling lamp again :/

Just to be sure though, in the manual i see these two options:

"Automatic load switching when load is enabled"
"Automatic status sending when load is connected"

Do i only need to program the second function? and if so how do i send HAK (hail acknowledge) requests from homeseer to program it?

One again i'm sorry for the newbie questions but i searched the forums and google and found nothing on this subject.

thanks!
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

i'm not sure, I dont use these functions
tell us exact what you want to do with the module and which module you are talking about
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

@Pieter: You are probably right, Xanura modules respond to status requests by default.
@Brennus: What happens when you press the "Poll Devices" button in homeseer (on the status screen).

I program my Xanura modules using a PMIX35. The programming software has an option "Zend status bij status wijziging" (Send status when the status is changed). This option suggests this can be enabled or disabled. The documentation of, for instance, a SAIX does not mention this option.
Rene.
brennus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by brennus »

Bwired wrote:i'm not sure, I dont use these functions
tell us exact what you want to do with the module and which module you are talking about
I have a SAIX12 and a DAIX12 (more to come shortly) and would like to be able to use the 'poll devices' function in homeseer to get the status of the device.
Rene wrote:@Pieter: You are probably right, Xanura modules respond to status requests by default.
@Brennus: What happens when you press the "Poll Devices" button in homeseer (on the status screen).
when i press 'poll devices' it says 'No Response'.

This happens when the SAIX12 is configured as 'lamp module with status'. I also tried creating new device types for the DAIX12 and SAIX12 with 'Supports status requests' but i still get No Response.

When i switch the SAIX12 on or off locally it does not send a status update to homeseer (no X10 commands in the logs).
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

So you used this
xanurasaix12.png
xanurasaix12.png (16.71 KiB) Viewed 13744 times
brennus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by brennus »

I have read that part of the manual, but do not know if i need to set one, both or none of those functions (since some stated that xanura is 2 way by default).
And if i have to set those i have no idea how to send HAK or HRQ commands. Should i do that trough the Control tab and use some script commands to send the HAK or HRQ?
brennus wrote: Just to be sure though, in the manual i see these two options:

"Automatic load switching when load is enabled"
"Automatic status sending when load is connected"

Do i only need to program the second function? and if so how do i send HAK (hail acknowledge) requests from homeseer to program it?

One again i'm sorry for the newbie questions but i searched the forums and google and found nothing on this subject.

thanks!
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

I think you need to set the HAK
This can be done with the pmix35
i also think it can be done with a Homeseer script
sample is on this forum, but dont know where exact
brennus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by brennus »

I found a topic explaining the script: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=888

I tried setting the HAK but it still will not respond to hail requests.
I also resetted it to default but still no response.

When i locally switch the DAIX12 on or off it does send that command on the powerline for homeseer to see.
The problem is getting a response when polling the device (status request).

There must be other people who use this functionality in all kinds of scripts right? Check if a light or device is on so you can switch on or of another somewhere else etc. ?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Im not a Homeseer user but this is what I send towards the CTX35
Cmd = deviceLetter & deviceNumber & " " & deviceLetter & "SRQ"
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

When I press the Poll Devices button in Homeseer. It starts polling my Xanura devices and it returns with the actual status. So it works definitely. While I was thinking at first this should be configured, now I think Peter was right, it is enabled by default and you cannot turn it off. So it is very strange it seems to be not working for your devices.
Rene.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Agree
Btw are you sure your powerline is ok?
For test try to put all on same outlet
brennus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by brennus »

I used a macro ActivehomePro to send the X10 function Status Request. The Xanura devices responded!
Even when set to default it responds to the ActivehomePro status request.

Appearantly there is something wrong with my homeseer or the device type i have set for the SAIX and DAIX.

@Rene, what have you chosen as device type? Or if you have made a new type what settings did you set?

Thanks all for all the help and suggestions so far!

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”