Where is Bwired GPS Tracking & Tracing

Forum about Questions, discussions and announcements regarding the Bwired website owned by Pieter Knuvers
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

<b>Where is Bwired.</b>
I have a little program called Trackme http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340667 running on my HTC TYTN II PDA Cell phone with Windows Mobile 6. The HTC TYTN II has a built-in GPS (Global Positioning System). Trackme has the possibility to send the coordinates to your own webserver if you have PHP running. As you all know I have no PHP running and don't want to either, So I made a little ASP webserver program which stores the coordinates in a MYsql database. Google Maps has an excellent API interface On this picture below I select the last record from the database and plot it as an marker on the map.
Click on the marker and you see from what time I'm at that place.
Soon I will be putting complet routes online as well. Also it's now possible to create some events on my Home automation system. Like if I'm in the neighborhood put on the heating system or lights or whatever a Geek can think of [;)]

Soon it will be possible to log other user in my database as well.
If you have windows mobile on your PDA Cell Phone and a GPS, Trackme will run and the possibility is there!

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
Mhwlng

Post by Mhwlng »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have a little program called Trackme running on my HTC TYTN II PDA Cell phone. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">How do you handle battery life on the phone with GPS enabled ?
Do you only use it in the car, connected to a charger ?

If I use tomtom (which means screen + gps on all the time) then the battery of my tytn II is empty in 4-5 hours...

Marcel
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Marcel,
I upload every 1 minute and there have to be a difference of 100 meters on my position. Al these setting can be set (parameters) Also if there is no uploading I can turn of the GPS device to save battery power. I set tracking on when I'm in my car or when I'm walking in during lunchbreak. I have normally Bluetooth and Wifi put off. I have also a car charger so battery is no problem for me.

BTW Tom Tom which I have installed also has much more problems finding the satellites then Trackme.
Regards Pieter
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

I'm also using the HTC TYTN II PDA
To save battery I'm disabling all the not used functions.

this can be done automatic.

Like when charging: enable BT
for this there are some nice profile managers.

SPB Phone suite http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/phonesuite/?en
SBSH Phoneweaver http://www.sbsh.net/products/phoneweaver/
Niknik

Post by Niknik »

Very nice feature, Pieter!

Indeed it opens up a lot of interesting possibilities:
automatically setting "away" mode if leave the house, setting up "returning home" mode when it detects you are approaching... like you said: lot's of possibilities.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Right
I also log the complete route I make every day. You can see the traffic jams etc
Even if I go for a walk [:)] I'm still developing this so online soon.

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
Niknik

Post by Niknik »

Hummm... I'm sure your wife will like to know wherever you spend your time! :))))

It could really be a great gadget for wifes: track-your-husband! You'd be rich! :)

Now, seriously, I've been wating to play around with Google Maps Api - but we can't have time for everything.
I think you might be able to turn all those "points" into a "route". It might become more "legible" (or not! :)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

There is a button, so I can switch it off.
Googlemaps is really great, there are a lot of options. I'm diving in to it for a while
lets see what is possible, keep you all posted
Regards Pieter
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />Hi Marcel,
I upload every 1 minute and there have to be a difference of 100 meters on my position. Al these setting can be set (parameters) Also if there is no uploading I can turn of the GPS device to save battery power. I set tracking on when I'm in my car or when I'm walking in during lunchbreak. I have normally Bluetooth and Wifi put off. I have also a car charger so battery is no problem for me.

BTW Tom Tom which I have installed also has much more problems finding the satellites then Trackme.
Regards Pieter
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Can you use TT and Trackme simultaneously, e.g. can the GPS receiver be shared?
Niknik

Post by Niknik »

There was a small program to share a GPS for multiple programs, but I think the latest Windows Mobile version already take care of that sharing - can't be sure though, my PocketPC is quite old. :)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Yes Niknik is right Windows Mobile 6 has standard a sharing option for the GPS which can switch on or of. TomTom and my GPS tracking software can together without any problem on my HTC tytn II.
Pieter
Niknik

Post by Niknik »

Just in case willem (or anyone else) needs it, the software to share the GPS among several programs is called GPSgate, from Franson:
http://franson.com/
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

@chak: is there a tool to enable bluetooth if its in the charger for symbian o.s. also?

// Erik (binkey.nl)
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

I can track my wife's location by checking creditcard transactions online ;-)

DJ
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

Additional info: Nokia has a beta application that allows you to do tracking. Don't think it's realtime. Old versions saved the route as KML files on your SD card. After playing with it I will post more info:

http://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/main/index.do

Return to “Bwired Forum”