Signal doesn't reach every room

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Signal doesn't reach every room

Post by Phaeton »

Hello, I installed a x10 marmitek set consisting of 4 lw12 modules, an lm12 plugin module and one cm15pro with a marmitek remote contol in our house.

2 out of 4 lw12's work correct. 2 dont. These two are the ones in the bathroom and kitchen. The two in the livingroom and bedroom work fine. The plugin module works fine as well, both only in the livingroom, all the bedrooms but not in the kitchen or bathroom.

When i stick my cm15pro in the kitchen, the 2 lw12 in the kitchen and bathroom work. The lw12 in livingroom and bedroom work a little. They sometimes turn on, but wont turn off. I have to press the the on-button on the remote several times and then they will light up.

It looks like the signal has trouble reaching the bathroom and kitchen when the cm15pro is plugged in in the livingroom. And vice versa.

I looked into the Distribution board and saw i only have one fase wire coming out of the main switch. This wire goes to one rail and connects with one rcd (dutch: aardlek) with 4 Groups behind it. From the rail, the one the fase wire connects to, another wire goes to a second rail which connects 6 groups (without rcd's).

This weekend i try to find out if the kitchen and bathroom are (for example) behind the rcd and the bedrooms and livingroom are in one of the 6 groups. This way i want to find out if the rcd is the cause of my problem.

Does this sound plausible?
If it is the rcd, how can i fix this? By placing the cm15pro closer to the distribution board?

Hope you can help this newby!
groeten,
Harry
Bjochems

Re: Signal doesn't reach every room

Post by Bjochems »

welcome :-)

This typically sounds like you have some "noise" in your power network. You probably are using some laptop adapters or babyphone or some other appliances that are causing this noise.

What you need is a signal filter (or filters), for example the FM10

http://www.marmitek.com/nl/catalogus/pr ... product=28
Bas
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Signal doesn't reach every room

Post by Bwired »

check this forum also, enough topics about this subject

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”