Homeseer Script to monitor & Control ELV MAX! Thermostats

Forum over Homeseer scripts (DUTCH forum)

Moderators: TANE, Ruud

Bastiaan

Re: Homeseer Script to monitor & Control ELV MAX! Thermostats

Post by Bastiaan »

Walters script is a form of the original so it seem better to give it a different version number or name /thread.

Bernards script lets you set the setpoint in a listbox, but Walters script works now on my system, finally.
Reason enough to separate them a bit.

Curious to hear a bit more about the events Walter has made, how do you set the temps and settings now.
wmccann
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by wmccann »

Hi,

I only use homeseer to boost a room. I use the max! software to set the program, initial temps etc. The most useful function for me was being able to see the temp of a room in "real time" - I have this showing In my HS touch android phone I have built into my hall wall where I used to have my leopard II touch screen.

It should be relatively easy to add setpoints to homeseer. Not sure how Bernard did them but my idea would be to create the list box for the wall thermostats, then add an event that if you changed the value it would trigger an event that would send the new setpoint to the cube.

As said let me know exactly what you want and I will see what I can do - I have to keep it to 4 devices per max device due to the fact that I have 24 devices and you can't go over 99 devices per house code.

BTW, 99% of the credit has to go to Bernard, his original posting led me to the max! and I decoded his script to get it doing what I wanted.

W.
mph070770
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mph070770 »

Hi Bastiaan / Walter,

Bastiaan - My experiences seem very to yours. With the original script I get the out of bounds error. Increasing TCNT to 100 seems to fix this and although I get messages from all of the devices, only 2 appear in HS. Using the new script gives me the error "Max Monitor: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.0.44:62910". I increased the event period from 30s (yes, fast!) to 5 minutes thinking that it could be this but that doesn't seem to have helped. My cube has CET time and I'm in the UK, so I set my WHS2011 to CET just in case this was a problem, and this doesn't seem to have helped.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Bastiaan, you seem to be up and running now. How did you solve the array error, connection problem and finally get all of your devices in HS?

Thanks
Martin

*** Edit *** I'm still trying things. The original script, with TCNT set to 100, gives me an error "Max Monitor: Object variable or With block variable not set." Is this why my devices fail to get shown in HS?

Code: Select all

[Startup]
Version=0.2
TCPAddress=192.168.0.44
TCPPort=62910
WaitSec=10
HouseCode=A
DevLocation=MAX!
CubeName=Max!Cube
ThermostatName=Max!RT
DevLocationswitched=False
Debug=1
HideStatusOK=true
HideTemperatures=false

[MAXDatabase]
Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\MAX\MAX.mdb

[Cube]
Address=
FirstDeviceCode=5
DevLocation2=Dining

[Thermostat1]
Address=
FirstDeviceCode=10
Settemp=170
DeviceName=StudyLarge

[Thermostat2]
Address=
FirstDeviceCode=15
Settemp=190
DeviceName=DiningSmall

[Thermostat3]
Address=
FirstDeviceCode=20
Settemp=0
DeviceName=DiningLarge

[Thermostat4]
Address=
FirstDeviceCode=25
Settemp=0
DeviceName=Landing

[Thermostat5]
Address=
FirstDeviceCode=30
Settemp=0
DeviceName=GuestSmall

[Thermostat6]
Address=
FirstDeviceCode=35
Settemp=150
DeviceName=

[Thermostat7]
Address=
FirstDeviceCode=40
Settemp=150
DeviceName=
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

Martin,

Walther fixed my system. I gave him remote access and changed some code. See http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... =60#p62578
It finally works fine now. Just need to get another wallthermostat to get it compleet because that is the only way to read the room temp.

Bastiaan
wmccann
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by wmccann »

Hi Martin,

Sorry was away so not looking at the forum.

1) CET is not relevant (I am in Ireland) - though I do find it very annoying :(
2) test your connection manually using telnet: telnet ipaddress port - this should give you back the "data". if it doesn't it means that somewhere something is accessing your cube (if you close the cube software it still stays running in the background - you have to go to the task bar and close the max program.
3) reboot your cube - I have set mine to reboot if I can't access it for 4 attempts in a row - it seems to be a bit temperamental at times (the reboot is currently happening once very few days).
4) set "HideStatusOK=false"
5) for each thermostat/wall sensor/eco switch make sure you have a ini section and make sure the device name is completed in it.

Hope this helps,

Walter.
cnamskvoh
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cnamskvoh »

wmccann wrote:Hi,

I only use homeseer to boost a room. I use the max! software to set the program, initial temps etc. The most useful function for me was being able to see the temp of a room in "real time" - I have this showing In my HS touch android phone I have built into my hall wall where I used to have my leopard II touch screen.

It should be relatively easy to add setpoints to homeseer. Not sure how Bernard did them but my idea would be to create the list box for the wall thermostats, then add an event that if you changed the value it would trigger an event that would send the new setpoint to the cube.

As said let me know exactly what you want and I will see what I can do - I have to keep it to 4 devices per max device due to the fact that I have 24 devices and you can't go over 99 devices per house code.

BTW, 99% of the credit has to go to Bernard, his original posting led me to the max! and I decoded his script to get it doing what I wanted.
The most useful function for me was being able to see the temp of a room in "real time"? How to do?
Last edited by Digit on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed hidden link
xAPPO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xAPPO »

I'm just trying this script and getting the same error 'read data from transport' as previously mentioned. I can telnet repeatedly in fine.

Martin - did you get yours running OK ?

I'm trying to work out what this meant in Walters post in relation to editing the script - do I need to change something in the script ?
1) there was a space in the options for the main script, this caused the script to go into the s: part.
I should be able to find & change the second issue you mentioned OK about reply concatenation if needed.

Is there any later more stable version of this script now by any chance ?

BTW I do also see this error
08/10/2013 20:47:11 - Error - Max Monitor: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.164:62910
labtec

Post by labtec »

Is it wise to buy the ELV Max! thermostats and the ELV Max! cube? what is de status of this project? could I use Homeseer to control
the thermostats with the latest version of the posted script.
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

Before you buy (they are pretty cheap at Conrad now) but just today I was struggling with firmware updates. ELV is very slow and the original factory Q3 is also selling them with a different portal and app. THey are much faster in fixing issues. Might be worth to look at buying their versions. Hardware is identical, only the Portal access is different. If you use HS that is not important anyway.
labtec

Post by labtec »

Ok, thanks. I thought that the units from ELV are the same as the eQ-3 Max! can I use the eQ-3 Max! portal and app with the
ELV thermostats?
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

Yes because ELV is just rebranding them. Even when they had a shortage for a while they sold it without rebranding. I haven't done any check and testing their apps but it seems worth checking before getting stuck at ELV.
labtec

Post by labtec »

When I run the latest version of the script I get the following errors;

19-10-2013 19:44:41 Event Event Trigger "Max! script"
19-10-2013 19:44:41 Event Running script in background: BLB_Max_monitor 02.vb
19-10-2013 19:44:43 Info H: Cubedate: 19-10-2013 19:44:00 systemtime: 19-10-2013 19:44:43 Datediff: 0
19-10-2013 19:44:43 Error Max Monitor; C3: unknown device: 03
19-10-2013 19:44:43 Max_debug0 Create Radiator Thermostat Device: F15
19-10-2013 19:44:43 Error Max Monitor: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
19-10-2013 19:46:41 Event Event Trigger "Max! script"
19-10-2013 19:46:41 Event Running script in background: BLB_Max_monitor 02.vb
19-10-2013 19:46:43 Info H: Cubedate: 19-10-2013 19:46:00 systemtime: 19-10-2013 19:46:43 Datediff: 0
19-10-2013 19:46:43 Error Max Monitor; C3: unknown device: 03
19-10-2013 19:46:43 Max_debug0 Create Radiator Thermostat Device: F15
19-10-2013 19:46:43 Error Max Monitor: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
19-10-2013 19:48:41 Event Event Trigger "Max! script"
19-10-2013 19:48:41 Event Running script in background: BLB_Max_monitor 02.vb
19-10-2013 19:48:43 Info H: Cubedate: 19-10-2013 19:48:00 systemtime: 19-10-2013 19:48:43 Datediff: 0
19-10-2013 19:48:43 Error Max Monitor; C3: unknown device: 03
19-10-2013 19:48:43 Max_debug0 Create Radiator Thermostat Device: F15
19-10-2013 19:48:43 Error Max Monitor: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Where can I look for the problem?
hleidecker
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hleidecker »

Hi,

I located an issue with the 02p BLB_Max_monitor 02.vb script - when trying to to change the temperature to 4,5c it fails. The issue is in line 448:

ElseIf Val(s_roomc) < 31 And Val(s_roomc) > 4
  If debug > 0 Then hs.WriteLog("debugn4b s:", CDbl(s_roomc) )
  s_roomc2 = Dec2Hex(CDbl(s_roomc) * 2 + s_mode,2)
The value conversion Val(s_roomc) returns an integer e.g. Val("4,5") = 4 and the if statement subsequently fails. Modifying the code to use the CDbl conversion functions solves the issue.

ElseIf CDbl(s_roomc) < 31 And CDbl(s_roomc) > 4
Best regards,
Henrik
field
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by field »

Hello,

do you plan to transcribe the script to HS3 ?

Thanks,

Artur
Thasanders
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Thasanders »

I love the script and it works well within HS2. I did buy a license for HS3 and I was planning to migrate this weekend. I just received my MAX! equipment and found out that this script isn't working within HS3. If you do have plans to transcribe I'll wait with my HS3 migration.

Return to “Homeseer Scripts Forum”