Sensor to detect status door lock

Forum with questions and discussions about security or security devices like Marmitek, Elro Elk (other then Visonic)
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sensor to detect status door lock

Post by Rene »

I have installed an automatic door lock. Besides the door can still be locked and unlocked using a normal key, the automatic door lock does not report if it was successful in locking or unlocking the door. For this reason I want to be able to determine the status of the lock. I already got a Visonic MCT-302 sensor to detect whether the door is opened or not, so maybe I can use the additional port on this sensor the create a sensor for the lock. Does someone have an idea how I could do this?
Rene.
Henk

Re: Sensor to detect status door lock

Post by Henk »

I installed a microswitch inside the "sluitkom" so this switch will be closed when the lock is on "nachtstand" it will need some drilling / fixing/glueing/

Henk
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

isnt it possible to place a microswitch into the hole where the lock falls into the rabbet and connect that to the 2nd port ?
else you could try it on the same place with a small reed contact and a small magnet that you place on the diagonal part to see if thats detected ?

I did glue a microswitch with epoxy inside my lock to detect when the lock mechanism is opened to let the dorma swing open the door.
But its not something ill advise you to do, as springs where jumping all over me when i opened up the lock and it took me a while to figure out how all springs
and gearls where back in place.

( seems that Henk has the same idea )
Henk

Post by Henk »

I put the micro switch outside where the extended "nacht-schoot" will touch this switch. This should work for even complex locks like a three points .. no need to open the lock

Henk
r_255
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by r_255 »

Nachtschoot, sluitkom.. means the same as where the lock falls into the rabbet ( kozijn )
I guess the pictures and my Anglo dutch makes it confusing :D

PS: In my case the micro switch triggers a door opener and by putting the switch in the sluitkom made the opener run before the door was unlocked 100%
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Thqnk you all, the minute I posted the question I realized I could use a microswitch. I just order various types to see which fits best.
Rene.
mhn

Post by mhn »

If you find a good one, I will like to know. I have thought about it for a while, but haven't found a solution.

Regards
Morten
Henk

Post by Henk »

re. r-255

i would translate kozijn as frame

Take a microswitch with a lever (lipje als hefboom) ) so the schoot can push the switch in for at least 2 mm after making contact .... put also a little piece of foam/vilt on the lever

Henk
Niels

Post by Niels »

Henk

Post by Henk »

Indeed ready to go solution, although some work is needed to replace it (hak en breekwerk) and it will cost € 110 , be aware that the schoot is either a classic solid square piece of steel to a more claw shape.(three point) Check first if the claw shape dead lock will work with this kind of solution.

But it is more fun to get a microswitch of € 2 and with the same amount of handywork will do the job too.

Henk

Return to “Security & Alarmpanels Forum”