Questions about Visonic Powermax plus components

Forum about Visonic products like Powermax Plus and Powermax Pro

Moderators: Rene, Willem4ever

Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Hi,

I'm considering buying a Visonic alarm system, now that it is possible to integrate it with a home automation system using the RFXCOM receiver. I just had a few questions regarding some of the components:

- Is the Powermax plus (instead of the regular Powermax) system compatible with the RFXCOM receiver?

- Is the MCT-425 smoke detector compatible with the RFXCOM receiver? Or more general: what is the difference between the MCT-423 and the MCT-425 smoke detectors?

- Does the MKP-150 keypad have an internal alarm siren?

- If I order an MCT-423 door contact, do I get an MCT-423T automatically nowadays? (The MCT-423T is the new tamper proof version of the MCT-423.)

Many thanks in advance for your answers!

Lennart
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Lennart,
The RF receiver for Visonic is compatible with allmost all Visonic sensors and keyfobs. The Visonic RF receiver is only receiving the data from the sensors and keyfobs. For the different Visonic Powermax version the sensors and keyfobs which are being used are the same!. I use 5 Smokesensors type MCT-423. I'm almost certain the MCT-425 is working as well. Rfxcom is also updating firmware based on user input to get a optimal product. I think the MCT-425 has a extra dirt sensors. If you order the doorcontact be sure to get the latest version. Some companys still have old ones in stock.
Hope this helps
regards

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.

Return to “Visonic Alarm systems”