What remote controllers do you use?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
markv
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by markv »

<font face="Trebuchet MS"></font id="Trebuchet MS"><font color="navy"></font id="navy">When I first started with home automation I ordered the Xanura ABX1 remote control. It is a white case painted silver grey, but know after about a year this paint is getting of. It's working properly, but I hate it when a fortune worth of devices is put behind sockets and switches and the only thing visible is looking crappy.

What remotes do you people use to control your tv, audio and home automation equipment. Marmitek is selling for example the easycontrol 8 or easytouch 35, do they suffer the same problem (looking bad in no time). What are the alternatives?

MarkV
hjvingen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hjvingen »

Hi Markv,

I have both the easytouch 35 and the easycontrol 8 and I can recommend the Marmitek easycontrol 8.
The easytouch is now 2 years and only a scratch on the edge (falling of the table).
For a few months I have the easycontrol 8 and it is the same quality but for me it is easier to use.

Hennie
markv
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by markv »

Probably the Easycontrol 8 is a better choice, the options are pretty much the same as the 8in1 controller.

Is anyone using a touchscreen controller? How is it setup? Products like AMX touchscreens (see Xanura site) are very nice but also very expensive.

In the future I like to have an Media Center PC in my living room, so there will be an permanent running machine. A normal touch tft screen is not that expensive. Probably it can be connected with an usb? (thinner than an vga cable). Anyone has an setup like this? What can you recommend?!?!

MarkV
Frode
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Frode »

well i use a logitech harmony remote now ( soon to be a logitech 1000 remote ) and only din mounted dimmers/ and microswitches ( it is incredible how bad design there is on the x-10 stuff..
my parents are set up with only din mounted dimmers and microswitches aswell as a B&O remote control ..

http://www.gira.com/en/produkte/cont_pict.phtml

http://www.tu.no/nyheter/energi/article ... ge&start=4

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”