FGD211 - Dim level 1

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
raymonvdm

FGD211 - Dim level 1

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m using a Fibaro FGD211 dimmer to dim 2 dimmable leds and it is working fine. However when the dimmer is off the actual dim level is 1. When the dim level is 1 the led bulb begin to pulse on 50hz (which is quite anoying)

When i look at the manual it has something to do with paramater 13, is it possible to change this to 0 ?

FGD211 V1.9 - 1.11 Manual
FGD211 V2.1-2.3 Manual

p.s I bought the Fibaro because it is a powered module. I already have some Duwi dimmers but the use a small current through the bulb to power themself and are therefore always using power and forcing me to use Wolframe/Halogen bulbs. The fibaro is also doing this because it hurts when you touch the wires even when the module is off :twisted:
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
martynwendon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: FGD211 - Dim level 1

Post by martynwendon »

How have you wired the FGD211? Is it just with live and switched live, or with neutral too? If it's just with live and switched live, then there is still current flowing through the circuit even when the module is "off" (like your Duwi)....

Parameter 13 will only accept 1-98 values and mainly lets you set a "stop" at where you want the minimum dim level to be, it doesn't actually change the dim level itself, if that makes sense?

It's more likely that adjusting parameter 20 will help. This allows you to adjust the control impulse length, which should get the LED "off" when the level is 0%.

The Fibaro dimmers also have a minimum load of 25W, if your load is less than that, you should use the Fibaro dimmer bypass accessory too.
Martyn Wendon
Vesternet
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I have it wired with a neutral just to prevent current flowing true the bulb to power itself

I think when the module is off the voltage should also be 0
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
martynwendon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by martynwendon »

raymonvdm wrote:I think when the module is off the voltage should also be 0
But it's a dimmer, not an on/off switch, so it's never truly off :)

Try to experiment with the parameter 20 - it should help get the LEDs to stay "off".
Martyn Wendon
Vesternet

Return to “Fibaro”