Random associations fibaro rgbw modules

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Random associations fibaro rgbw modules

Post by bartbakels »

I posted this before, but just want to ask again.

I have several fibaro rgbw modules which i love, due to their possibilities. However Randomly some associations are appearing on those devices, even to nodes that dont exist. Almost all of these modules have this issue once in a while. Im using hs2 and hs3.

Anyone experiencing this too?

Regards bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
martynwendon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Random associations fibaro rgbw modules

Post by martynwendon »

That sounds really bizarre, certainly not heard of that before!

As far as I'm aware, the only way to set an association on those devices is from the controller side - so in your case HS2 and HS3. Off the top of my head I don't think you can set an association directly on them, say by using a remote (I might be wrong, it's been a while since I tested these).

So I would be pointing the blame at HS I think? Is HS fully compatible with them now? They're a pretty complex device and have a lot of different command classes, including manufacturer specific ones. Maybe HS is sending them some junk data somehow that's being interpreted as an association command?

Pure speculation of course, but I'm not sure how else it would occur - one device, maybe a genuine oddity or fault, but multiple devices doing the same thing sounds like an issue with the controller.
Martyn Wendon
Vesternet
mhn

Post by mhn »

I have 2 of them on HS2. No random association here.

Regards
Morten
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

i have one with hs2, also no problems
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

hmm strange,

I also had this issue when i did not have my HS3 machine up. So its not HS3 related. Im curious if its my HS2 zwave stick that is causing this. cannot test this yet. In addition this happens only on the rgbw modules. and they are all from different batches. I was also thinkin of setting up my Zwave network again. but i need to add 50 nodes then :S

i heard from someone of the homeseer board, that there are more people with this issue. And advised me to powercycle those modules. In addition, some fibaro modules do not seem to be fully zwave compliant.... But homeseer is communicating this with fibaro. Homeseer also is going to selle fibaro products in the future. but there seem to be some bugs in t he fibaro modules. And last but not least in HS3 the possibility to update firmware on zwave modules will be incorporated.

Regards Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC

Return to “Fibaro”