Detect washing machine finished

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
bengt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Detect washing machine finished

Post by bengt »

Hi,

I recently started setting up a HA system, currently aimed at home monitoring. One of the things which annoy me most is that I never remember when my washing machine is finished. I have bought a Siemens WM16Y791DN, which doesn't seem to have any kind of ports etc. It only gives off a long beep when it's done.

My challenge is that I would like to detect when it's finished, so my Domoticz could send a notification to my iPad/Android device(s). I was wondering if anyone would have a smart suggestion for a solution for this... :-)
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Detect washing machine finished

Post by Rene »

When you would have used the search option of the forum, you would have find a topic covering your question. Here it is domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=17&amp ... ine#p59243.
Rene.
bengt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bengt »

Hehe, well, I actually did use the search function before posting - but I guess I must have mistyped or something, because I didn't find a single hit. Oh, well - thanks for the link to the other topic! I didn't find what I was looking for there either, but at least I'll continue the discussion there instead. You can close this thread if you like.
pwhooftman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pwhooftman »

Use your countdown timer on android?

Or else, google.nl/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=& ... 4064584738
rovinge

Post by rovinge »

I simply use a plugwise plug and measure the power consumption every x minutes of the washing machine or dryer while running their programs.

Based on its actual consumption I can tell what the status is and then to send out 'program ready' messages.

For instance, if power consumption is
- above 10Watts, the machine is running its program
- between 1 and 11Watts, the machine is either ready, turned-on but stand-by and can be configured for its next washing program

This approach works for my washing machine, dryer and dishwasher.

You may need to monitor the consumption of your wasching machine first to get an indication what its power consuption is during the different phases of its programs.

Hope this helps,
Roel
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I asume u are using HomeSeer. Would you like to share the scripts used for this setup ?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”