Lumotech led strips

Forum about LEDS, LED lights, DMX and other lights.

Moderator: Mversluis

simjoc

Lumotech led strips

Post by simjoc »

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the Lumotech diagrammable led light. I read many post about the 05021 Minidim transformer. There is only one thing that's not clear to me. I saw different post about dimming the led's in different places. Only is it possible to use the Lumotech on a larger scale of led strips. A 1 meter led strip can use about the 7-10 watt power. In the manual I can find that at a power of 350mA u can use a maximum of 9 watt. That will be one ledstrip of a meter. Is there not a possibility to use more led'strips? Or do is see something wrong?

In my kitchen I want a total of 6 meter warm white led's strips. And they have to be dimmable, and off course controlled bij mij homeseer server.

Thanks for the help.
Fantic

Re: Lumotech led strips

Post by Fantic »

I don't know what kind of LED strip it is using 7 watt per meter, but to what I have seen so far it uses no more han about .7 watt per meter. So I would get a strech of LED strip in and find out first al full strength the real usage with an Amp and Voltage meter. Volt x Amp = Watt
Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
simjoc

Post by simjoc »

Thanks for your reply. I just got mail from Klemko, it's not possible to dim led strips. Somebody who can tell me if there is another solution to dim led strips?
Mversluis

Post by Mversluis »

Thats strange , we sell a lot dimmers for flex strips.
Off course the are dimmeble.

Marco
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I have 5 LED strips, total 14 meter, each separately dimmable.
Here you can see the how and what:
http://blog.hekkers.net/2010/04/04/led- ... ca-system/
Fantic

Post by Fantic »

There are a number of suppliers and type's of LED strip. I have around 20 mtr of strip in my houseboat and a part of that is 7,5 mtr in the kitchen and 8 mtr in the bathroom. I have a couple of different type dimmers. The Lumotech you mentioned works on the 350mAmp principle, however most of the strips work on a 12Volt power supply. The way that dimming works with the latter is by creating a blokwave with variable on/of times from 100% On / 0% Off down to around 20% On / 80% Off at which point the Strip stops working. But then the light is already very much dimmed. There are a number of dimmers that can be controlled by a 1-10 volt input for the dimlevel, I did see a while back a topic about RGB DMX controller that can be controlled by Homeseer.

I do see where you were coming from with the Lumotech (MAINS dimmable) transformer. You could control them with a X10 dimmer.

I'm still to install another 10 meter on the stairs under the steps, here I will only be controlling the on/off by Homeseer but I will have a preset dimmer for the 'dim'position and a bridged contact to set the full brightness. Depending on the outside light situation and time I will determine which of the 2 to use.
I will do this by using a seperate 12 volt power supply and a manual control dimmer.
Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
SeRo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by SeRo »

Can't you do it with a Chromoflex?
It's controllable within Homeseer with the script from Esteban (http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... 49&start=0)

For an example see this topic:
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... 60&start=0
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Yes you can. See the link i posted earlier in this topic..

Return to “LEDS, DMX & Lights Forum”