Toon as a domotica controller?

Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

lsiepel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon as a domotica controller?

Post by lsiepel »

I was wondering if there is some complete list of local web methods and arguments that the Toon can handle. If not, i would like to help build this documentation.

When using 'strings -f hdrv_p1', i get so much garble, i don't know what to look for.
By decompiling (using https://retdec.com/) i found some web_ prefixed functions, but can't figure out the argument names.

Some posts back, some where talking about these web handlers and mentioned the BoxTalk Hub ('the heart of the system') that can be accessed by:
telnet localhost:1337

But i don't know how to use it. What commands are available?
Henk-JanS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Henk-JanS »

Hey guys!

Lurking for a while now, and since about two weeks the proud owner of a rooted toon! Unfortunately I am running into a challenge: the electricity usage I receive from my P1 adapter is somehow only returning values for the daytime tariffs. As soon as the clock strikes 23:00, my electricity goes down to 0 Watt, only to get back to a real value on 7:00 the next morning. In weekends the reading is 0 Watt as well.

With http://<toon-ip>:10080/hdrv_zwave?action=getDevices.json I get a nice overview of all the adapters and their names & values. In my Toon, device 5.3 with name "elec_delivered_nt" is the only one with a value (between 7:00 - 23:00). Another one, dev 5.5 or elec_delivered_lt is at NaN all the time.

I already talked to @TerrorSource and he even remotely checked my Toon, but no luck: we have no idea what could be causing this.

Anybody seen this issue before, or does anyone perhaps have a pointer where to look?
lsiepel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lsiepel »

Just to rule out some issue's does the Toon display the correct value at the display? If so, the P1 sensor is allright. If not, it might be some firmware issue on the P1 sensor.
What software version is your Toon?
gielie

Post by gielie »

I have a question, i turned on the solar panel option but i don't have connected solar panels so i want to remove the solar option form the menu but i can't remember were i turned it on, can someone put me in the right direction?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

gielie wrote:I have a question, i turned on the solar panel option but i don't have connected solar panels so i want to remove the solar option form the menu but i can't remember were i turned it on, can someone put me in the right direction?
remove/disable from the Globals.qml file probably
member of the Toon Software Collective
fkruis
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by fkruis »

gielie wrote:I have a question, i turned on the solar panel option but i don't have connected solar panels so i want to remove the solar option form the menu but i can't remember were i turned it on, can someone put me in the right direction?
Hi,
you can disable this in the config_happ_scsync.xml.
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

lsiepel wrote:I was wondering if there is some complete list of local web methods and arguments that the Toon can handle. If not, i would like to help build this documentation.

When using 'strings -f hdrv_p1', i get so much garble, i don't know what to look for.
By decompiling (using https://retdec.com/) i found some web_ prefixed functions, but can't figure out the argument names.

Code: Select all

string -f <binary> |grep web > webhandlers.txt
You need the ones on the end and play with Capital..sometimes they are not the same. I already found out a lot (working) but never documented them.

The specific bxt code to send using the bxt client can be found using strace. All the logic still works for updating the webhandler ThermstatInfo.
Only the values aren't poulated. Dumping the output now to see what changed (If possible).
Henk-JanS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Henk-JanS »

lsiepel wrote:Just to rule out some issue's does the Toon display the correct value at the display? If so, the P1 sensor is allright. If not, it might be some firmware issue on the P1 sensor. What software version is your Toon?
The readings I get from 7:00 - 23:00 seem perfectly normal (as in: expected values - high when my coffee maker is on, low when the kids are off to school and the home is powered down more or less). What seems strange is that I expected that at 23:00 one zwave device would stop sending data and the other one would take over.

An example of the data I get from my Toon before and after 7:00:

------------------------------------------------
06:25:01am                   Flow   Quantity
Dev 5.1 - gas                0.00  3735858.00
Dev 5.2 - elec               NaN    NaN
Dev 5.3 - elec_delivered_nt  0.00 6286255.00
Dev 5.4 - elec_received_nt   NaN    NaN
Dev 5.5 - elec_delivered_lt  NaN    NaN
Dev 5.6 - elec_received_lt   NaN    NaN
06:40:02am                   Flow   Quantity
06:55:01am                   Flow   Quantity
07:10:01am                   Flow   Quantity
Dev 5.1 - gas                693.00  3736551.00
Dev 5.3 - elec_delivered_nt  329.00 6286297.00
I would have expected that Dev 5.5 - elec_delivered_lt would have given data in the low-times, and Dev 5.3 - elec_delivered_nt during the normal times.

My Toon is running the latest software - version 4.8

EDIT - Nov 14.
I think I have resolved the issue. I reset the P1 adapter to factory defaults. First removed it from Toon, then placed the P1 adapter in a socket nearby. Pressed the button on the side for at least 10 seconds and reconnected it to Toon. By adding it, Toon changed the device-number in Zwave, but I have data now...

What I got in the past:

09:10:01am                   Flow   Quantity
Dev 5.1 - gas                664.00  3737455.00
Dev 5.3 - elec_delivered_nt  313.00 6288930.00
And what I have now:

11:06:14am                   Flow   Quantity
Dev 6.1 - gas                144.00  3832635.00
Dev 6.2 - elec               NaN    NaN
Dev 6.3 - elec_delivered_nt  477.00 6386978.00
Dev 6.4 - elec_received_nt   0.00    0.00
Dev 6.5 - elec_delivered_lt  0.00    4826769.00
Dev 6.6 - elec_received_lt   0.00    0.00
The NaN values are replaced by a 0.00 reading and elec_delivered_lt shows what the meter currently displays as well. I hope at 23:00 this evening I will be able to confirm all works as planned...
Henk-JanS
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Henk-JanS »

I cried victory too soon...

The elec_delivered_lt reading remains 0.00 Watt, no change after 23:00. After the reset I got an initial value but no electricity usage showed during the night. This leads me to believe that the P1 adapter is 'broken', at least software wise. Will see what to do about it, since finding one on Marktplaats is not that easy (they usually come with a Toon - I already got one of those :D ). Alternatively I could subscribe to Eneco's service again and request a replacement...
jozg

Is there a way to push or pull elec&gas to Domoticz?

Post by jozg »

Hello all,

The whole idea of rooting was that interesting for me, that i decided to buy an extra toon via marktplaats.
That thing is succesfully rooted now, and connected for testing first. Thanks for everyone's good manuals and downloads!.

At this moment, my primary (not rooted) Toon is measuring the P1 slimme meter data.
My Domoticz raspberry is pulling those readings from the service centers from Eneco to login via some sort of toonopafstand website.

I'm planning to quit my subscription with Eneco toon and the service from the service centers, because i don't need that anymore with all the functions of my rooted toon.

Is there a way to push or pull the P1 meter readings from the rooted toon to my Domoticz raspberry, without a subscription to the eneco service centers?.
I really like the graphs that Domoticz is capable of showing.

Thank you for further help.

Regards,

Jos.
lsiepel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lsiepel »

Henk-JanS wrote:I cried victory too soon...

The elec_delivered_lt reading remains 0.00 Watt, no change after 23:00. After the reset I got an initial value but no electricity usage showed during the night. This leads me to believe that the P1 adapter is 'broken', at least software wise. Will see what to do about it, since finding one on Marktplaats is not that easy (they usually come with a Toon - I already got one of those :D ). Alternatively I could subscribe to Eneco's service again and request a replacement...
Does the module heeft the most recent firmware? (diffent than Toon itself)
michel30

Post by michel30 »

TerrorSource wrote:
Toonz wrote:
BrainHunt wrote:Hi TerrorSource,
For linking the hacked Toon with your Domoticz server, take a look at https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11421. This allows you to control the temperature and Toon scenes etc. through Domoticz.
BrainHunt
Thanks BrainHunt, works like a charm from my Raspberry. Opens a new world of opportunities ;-)
If you need any help, let me know :) Got it working now, can use Siri on my iPhone to control the thermostat of Toon.

Can someone tell me why i get the "Ketelhulp" app in the tray?
Dont have a boiler connected to my Toon now but that wont cause the Tray icon/app to show up.

Also, i cannot disable some apps on my Toon.
Looks like i cannot hide/remove these from the menu, i already removed them from the AppsToLoad in Globals.qml:
Verkeer (traffic)
Weer (weather & weatherInt)
Ketelhulp
Rookmelder (smokeDetector)
Toon Support
Wat is nieuw
Wat is Toon

Hello TerrorSource,

I have running Toon in Domoticz and I can use:
Toon Program Information
Toon Auto Program
Toon Scenes
Toon Temperature
Toon Thermostat

Now also installed apple homekit on my raspberry PI1 and connect in to Domoticz.
When I open my Iphone or Ipad I see he makes 2 light swith in homekit: Toon Auto Program and Toon Scenes ( but these are in domoticz push buttons ) and on the apple I can only slight.
I do not see Toon Temperature and Toon Thermostat when I say hey siri what is the temperature it says no device found.

Could you give me a small wiki how I connect the TOON in domoticz works but how from DOMOTICZ to apple homekit.

Thanks for your help.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

michel30 wrote:
Hello TerrorSource,

I have running Toon in Domoticz and I can use:
Toon Program Information
Toon Auto Program
Toon Scenes
Toon Temperature
Toon Thermostat

Now also installed apple homekit on my raspberry PI1 and connect in to Domoticz.
When I open my Iphone or Ipad I see he makes 2 light swith in homekit: Toon Auto Program and Toon Scenes ( but these are in domoticz push buttons ) and on the apple I can only slight.
I do not see Toon Temperature and Toon Thermostat when I say hey siri what is the temperature it says no device found.

Could you give me a small wiki how I connect the TOON in domoticz works but how from DOMOTICZ to apple homekit.

Thanks for your help.
I guess that you used the wrong IDX to connect in HomeBridge. You need to check these out. Did you check out the domoticzforum with this question yet?
michel30

Post by michel30 »

@TerrorSource

Hello,

I could not find that part :-( the only thing what I did is: edit the config.json file

{
    "bridge": {
        "name": "Homebridge",
        "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
        "port": 51826,
        "pin": "031-45-154"
    },

"description": "This is an example configuration file with one fake accessory and one fake platform. You can use this as a template for creating your own configuration file containing devices you actually own.",

"accessories": [
    ],

"platforms": [
        {
            "platform" : "Domoticz",
            "name" : "Domoticz",
            "server" : "127.0.0.1",
            "port" : "8080",
            "roomid" : 2,
            "loadscenes" : 0
        }
    ]
}
I Domoticz self I create a room the room has IDX2 so I add it as roomid2 plus I putt all my devices in that room.

But for my under standing, I need to edit config.json and putt there Toon Program Information with idx number and than Toon Auto Program with idx number - Toon Scenes Toon Temperature -Toon Thermostat etc.
In domoticz self everything works, it is only for in the homekit from apple and siri.

This how I install the connection to the Toon where you see the arrows that is type that I choose.
Attachments
type.jpg
type.jpg (158.98 KiB) Viewed 12541 times
Sjoek
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Sjoek »

Hello Fellow Members!

I just read almost al the messages about Rooting and cosumizing Toon the last month. Just saw a bunch of posts about sending P1 meter data from Toon to domoticz (RPi).

Now my question about this, is it possible to send the data from the p1 smart meter cable in domoticz to toon. The reason i ask,
i am reading data from my smart meter for a while now, and like 2 keep it (history) and want to cancel the Toon meteradapter, do not have enough wallsockets at my "meterkast". I could buy some p1 splitter (an rj11 phone splitter doenst work, even with the 5v pin out), but it seems to be nice to have the "meteradapter" out of my setup.

Is it possible or is this a lot af work for a little electric use and power-history?

Greetings, Sjoek

Return to “Toon Rooting”