Firmware error OpenTherm Gateway Kit (UTP version with ethernet connection)(nodo-shop.nl)

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

mark949
Starting Member
Starting Member

Firmware error OpenTherm Gateway Kit (UTP version with ethernet connection)(nodo-shop.nl)

Post by mark949 »

Good afternoon!
Please help me!

I have OpenTherm Gateway Kit (UTP version with ethernet connection Ethernet Module USR-TCP232-T2 ) from nodo-shop.nl

Today I decided to update the firmware on the device, downloaded the version:
6.5 P16F1847 4 MHz Mar 12, 2023
http://otgw.tclcode.com/download.html#otgwmcu
I am use Opentherm Monitor for Windows v6.5 (Mar 13, 2023)

But the firmware process has stopped and will no longer proceed. Restarting the device does not help.
The reset button also does not solve the problem.
How can I flash the device into working condition?

After rebooting I try again and now it’s like this:
hvxl

Re: Firmware error OpenTherm Gateway Kit (UTP version with ethernet connection)(nodo-shop.nl)

Post by hvxl »

The procedure to recover the device is:
  1. Make sure you have a TCP connection between OTmonitor and the Ethernet module.
  2. Start a firmware upgrade.
  3. When the message "Please manually reset the OpenTherm Gateway" appears, reset only the PIC by either pressing the reset button, or by briefly shorting the pins of the reset jumper. This needs to be done within 60 seconds.
  4. Now the upgrade should start. If not, try again from the top.
Schelte
mark949
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Firmware error OpenTherm Gateway Kit (UTP version with ethernet connection)(nodo-shop.nl)

Post by mark949 »

hvxl wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:48 pm
  1. This needs to be done within 60 seconds.
Thank you very much, I did it.
Apparently the problem was that I pressed the button after more than 60 seconds since the computer was at home and the boiler was in the basement, now I took the laptop and after several attempts the firmware process continued successfully.
All the best to you!
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

There are two options if the computer and OTGW are too far apart: Take the computer to the OTGW, or take the OTGW to the computer. The OTGW does not have to be connected to the thermostat and/or boiler to recover the firmware.

I'm glad you got it working again.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”