RFXCOM Ethernet Under Linux - Solved

Forum about Rfxcom home automation Domotica devices.

Moderator: b_weijenberg

j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

pieterpaul, could you provide a link with more or less detailed set-up instructions? I was researching this quite a bit, but besides main pages and howto's installing packages I never saw a detailed setup-example or howto.
Pieterpaul

Post by Pieterpaul »

You could have a look at snelvuur's wiki: http://wiki.binkey.nl/XPL-perl .
If you are using debian or ubuntu, the easiest approach is to add xpl-perl to your apt source file and use apt-get (or aptitude) to install the latest xpl-perl package. It comes with a setup script that you can run to install most of the basic stuff, but I can't remember exactly how it is all done - it's been a while since I installed it [:)]
cwsulliv
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cwsulliv »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pinf</i>
<br />Hi, could you try out if heyu works with remserial (http://lpccomp.bc.ca/remserial/)?

I would be very interested since I'm looking into buying the LAN receiver.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I tried Heyu the other day with a remote LAN RFXCOM using REMSERIAL as the port redirector. Heyu worked as easily and as well as it does when my own USB RFXCOM is plugged into my PC.

This wasn't a complete end-to-end test because the LAN RFXCOM had previously been set up (under Windows) and I was provided the host IP and Port to use. But setup with Telnet under Linux shouldn't be a problem.

REMSERIAL is free open-source software. Downloading, building and installing it is a two-three minute job. The only REMSERIAL operation complexity is dealing with the usual Linux permissions.
pinf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pinf »

Thanks for testing remserial with the LAN receiver. Now I just have to wait until RFXCOM staff holidays are over so I can order the unit. :)
They don't have many/any resellers I guess?
j.hoekstra

Post by j.hoekstra »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pinf</i>
<br />Thanks for testing remserial with the LAN receiver. Now I just have to wait until RFXCOM staff holidays are over so I can order the unit. :)
They don't have many/any resellers I guess?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Just simply starting xpl-rfxcom-rx like:

Code: Select all

xpl-rfxcom-rx ipadress-of-receiver:portnumber
works.
equinoxe
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by equinoxe »

Hi,
Where could I find the VBNET sample for the RFXCom ?
Thanks a lot.

Return to “Rfxcom Receivers & Transmitters Forum”