FD10 Filters

Forum about Xanura, Eaton Holec and Marmitek and other brand X10 and A10 devices.
Ikhan42
Starting Member
Starting Member

FD10 Filters

Post by Ikhan42 »

Hello,

I am looking at doing an x10 installation to control garden lights initially in my house. The house power is 3 phase and I am going to buy a repeater/phase coupler for the power box, I have read about problems with devices that have switchmode power supplies and halogen devices causing noise down the power line interfering with the X10 signals.

I am a little confused cause I have read about people putting filters inline with the device causing the problems/noise.

If I install in the switch box 3 fd10 filters one for each phase wouldnt this solve the problem or do I still also need to install filters for each device that is noisy?

Thanks for your help
ikhan42
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

FD10 Filters

Post by b_weijenberg »

Install the X10 devices with the repeater/coupler and give it a try. If all runs OK then you don't need an FD10.

When a device (like TV, wash dryer, halogene switching trafo....) produces a noise signal that disturbes the X10 signal or this device has a filter installed that does his job too good by eliminating the X10 signal, then you have to install the FD10 between the device and the power-line so that the device can't influence the X10 signal on the power line anymore.

Bert

Return to “X10, A10 Xanura Marmitek Forum”