Control Intercom system

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
martinisoft

Control Intercom system

Post by martinisoft »

Dear fellow forum members,

I am living in an appartment that has a intercom system that I share with one other home owner.
This system consists of a door bell button (one for each appartment) at the main entrance.
There is also a microphone and a speaker at the main entrance so I can communicate with the visitior through a telephone in my appartment.
The telephone has a button to open the main entrance.

I want homeseer to be able to open the main entrance, and I what homeseer to know when the bel is ringing.
So on one hand I need to be able co control a "make contact" to open the door, and on the other hand I need to read the status of a contact (I still need to look in to this one but I think I should be able to find a contact in my intercom system that goes to 12 volt when someone presses the door bel)
My setup is zwave only at the moment, and my homeseer server is not near the intercom phone.
If it is absoluty nessesary I maybe would be able to get a serial or usb cable from my server to my intercom.
I was thinking about using a duwi switch and a relay to get the door opend and a relay and a modified quees ring to detect a button press.
I was wondering if this is the way to go, as it would cost me two zwave devices and it all looks a little overkilled to me.
So my question is, could you please think with me on this one, I'd like some sugestions on how to go forward on this one the most efficient way.

thanks in advance..

Martijn.
martinisoft

Re: Control Intercom system

Post by martinisoft »

No one an idea on how to go further on this one the most efficient way?
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Mdamen »

There are several devices to handle this, to switch the system (open the door) you need a isolated contact (relay). It seems for example this device has a "potentiaal vrij" contact, which is what you need: http://www.ezhome.nl/duwi-z-wave-zonwer ... elaar.html Will you omit local handling of the door, or should that still be possible?
Reading/sensing the status of a pin is a different cup of tea, I can't think of any z-wave based solutions. If you are good with soldering and a bit of programming yourself you could get a JeeNode and make it handle this scenario (with a relay plug, and you can sense the input with a voltage divider). This is a cheaper solution as well.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Indeed this Zwave module with this potentiaal vrij contact will do the job to open the door.

To get the doorbell ringing into homeseer do the following:

First hack your current doorbell - Find the doorbell and measure the voltage across it when ringing also check if it is AC or DC ...
If AC you need a rectifier (brugcel) to make it DC , next get a low voltage relay and check if this will be activated when the doorbell is ringing.

Next step get a Zwave window/door contact and modified it ... get inside and have a look for the glas tube this is the reed relay.
If possible remove it and solder either the NC or NO contacts of the relay. So when the doorbell rings this Zwave device will send a signal

Henk
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Mdamen »

Ah nice suggestion on the ringing!

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”