No temp override after swith from T8851M1000 to TH8110M1003i

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Freemann

No temp override after swith from T8851M1000 to TH8110M1003i

Post by Freemann »

Today i switch the T8851M1000 (Chronotherm 4 modulation) for a TH8110M1003 (Vision Modulation) because of the WAF.
With the 4 everything was working fine i combination with my Vera3, but with the Vision its a bit of a mess.
For what i found the following things are not working;
- clock is not set automatically (even though i configured the plugin to do it, also the "set clock" options in the vera plugin and OTGW application doesn't work)
- TC is also not working (after sending an free command (TC=22.00), nothing happens)
- it looks like the whole connection with the vision is very unstable(but the thermostats is not in error mode and the OTGW is not "counting" errors)
- some figures(return Wtemp,DWHtemp) stay long "empty" or even won't show up at all.

The thermostat looks OK (no errors messages or something)

What is did to try to solve this;
1. power cycle the OTG
2. reconnect the thermostat
3. connect with the OTGW terminal to the OTWG and try to figure out whats happening
3. double check if the teleinput port is disabled (settings, 5sec clock, option 7 = 0)
4. reboot the Vera

It looks like its not a vera problem and more a communication/settings problem between the OTGW and the VisionM.
This because the 4Modulation works great and the same problems are there when i use the terminal.

could anybody help me with this?
Freemann

Re: No temp override after swith from T8851M1000 to TH8110M1003i

Post by Freemann »

nobody?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

You specified very few details to provide any useful feedback on.
- Yes, it's a known limitation of the Vision Modulation that it doesn't support clock updates via the opentherm interface.
- It's hard to believe that "nothing happens" after a TC=22.00 command. Probably something does happen, but perhaps not with the desired result. Can you provide a log?
- What makes you conclude that "the whole connection with the vision is very unstable" if neither side is reporting any errors?
- Which figures are slow and which don't show up at all? What do you call slow? Again, a log would be helpful.

With all of these problems coupled with the fact that you need to clean the finger prints off the Vision Modulation every time someone operated the thermostat, I'm not sure why anyone would prefer it over a Chronotherm 4 modulation.
Schelte
Freemann

Post by Freemann »

hvxl wrote:You specified very few details to provide any useful feedback on.
- Yes, it's a known limitation of the Vision Modulation that it doesn't support clock updates via the opentherm interface.
OK, good to know!
- It's hard to believe that "nothing happens" after a TC=22.00 command. Probably something does happen, but perhaps not with the desired result. Can you provide a log?
After sending a TC=22.00 with the Vero OR through the OTGW application, the thermostats setpoint in the display doesn't change. I believe that's the desired result.
Log file; which logfile or data do you want to see? My vera with the plugin provides some data, but the OTGW app could also provide some data or do you need the data of the debug firmware?
- What makes you conclude that "the whole connection with the vision is very unstable" if neither side is reporting any errors?
Based on the fact that the desired changes not happen AND the Mod4 is working great, i(!) think(!) something is wrong with the com. to the Vision (but i could have it totally wrong and i hope its me :) )
- Which figures are slow and which don't show up at all? What do you call slow? Again, a log would be helpful.
Several figures such as "Return water temperature" took in some cases several minutes to show up.

With all of these problems coupled with the fact that you need to clean the finger prints off the Vision Modulation every time someone operated the thermostat, I'm not sure why anyone would prefer it over a Chronotherm 4 modulation.
Thats an personal thing.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

If you did any reading on the subject, you could have known that I'm the designer of the gateway and the author of the otmonitor program. It should then be obvious that when I ask for logs I refer to the logs from otmonitor, not some other random program.

Since your main complaint is that setpoint changes aren't working, the logs should cover an attempt to do that. Collect logs for at least 15 minutes after the attempt.

You haven't answered my question on which figures "won't show up at all", so I'm going to assume you're not interested in that issue any more.
Schelte
Freemann

Post by Freemann »

hvxl wrote:If you did any reading on the subject, you could have known that I'm the designer of the gateway and the author of the otmonitor program. It should then be obvious that when I ask for logs I refer to the logs from otmonitor, not some other random program.

Since your main complaint is that setpoint changes aren't working, the logs should cover an attempt to do that. Collect logs for at least 15 minutes after the attempt.

You haven't answered my question on which figures "won't show up at all", so I'm going to assume you're not interested in that issue any more.
what a kindness....
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Hey, if you want my help, I think it's fair of me to expect that you will do some effort. But if you just mention that something doesn't work and then expect me to play 20 questions to figure out what you really mean, I have better things to do.
Schelte
Freemann

Post by Freemann »

please lock this topic....

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”