VERY cheap Oregon sensor!

Forum: Do you have somethings to sell regarding Home Automation you put it here.
alias

Re: VERY cheap Oregon sensor!

Post by alias »

Vandaag ook 4 stuks ontvangen. Inclusief batterijen, koopje! Dank voor de tip!
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Mooi toch, zo heb je de kosten van het forum lidmaatschap alweer terugverdiend :wink: :lol:
kriz83

Post by kriz83 »

Net ook 4 besteld.
Wat was bij jullie de levertijd ?
HomeSeer - PlugWise - RFXComm - Philips Pronto TSU9800/9600/9300
xanhoera

Post by xanhoera »

besteld 26/10, aangekomen 3/11 (BE)
mvdarend
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mvdarend »

Vorige week 2 besteld om uit te proberen (kijken of ik ze aan de praat kon krijgen met HomeGenie), vandaag nog 3 erbij besteld. Nogmaals bedankt voor de tip!
nawikre

Post by nawikre »

gisteren 5 stuks binnen gekregen....netjes met alles erop en eraan. Direct toegevoegd aan rfxcom...was een eitje
greetz,

Iwan
jeroen_

Post by jeroen_ »

Thank you Digit! :)

Got 5 of them, as spares or maybe to add one somewhere it might be funny to collect data from :)
--------
Warenwert: 44,75 €
Versandkostenpauschale CH: 15,41 €
Gesamtpreis in Euro (inkl. MwSt. 19,00%): 60,16 €
-------

12 EUR / sensor, that is a pretty good deal :)

And fortunately the SOFORT system works thus no need to use the useless PayPal system (who are IMO a front for various scam companies...)
kriz83

Post by kriz83 »

Mijne zijn ook aangekomen.

Ze zijn wel een pak groter dan mijn andere oregon sensoren.
xanhoera

Post by xanhoera »

jeroen_ wrote: ... or maybe to add one somewhere it might be funny to collect data from :)
Now I'm curious!
jeroen_

Post by jeroen_ »

xanhoera wrote:
jeroen_ wrote: ... or maybe to add one somewhere it might be funny to collect data from :)
Now I'm curious!
Nothing to exotic/weird/crazy ;)

As I got most rooms covered by a single sensor, but if one has spares anyway, could put one in a corridor or so too or on the opposite of the room to see if temperatures affect it. Hmmm, the elevator would be a funny one, though then one only gets signal once in a while ;)

Already have one on each side of the building so that I can take the lowest value which is not affected by too direct sunlight also.
tijmen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tijmen »

Bedankt voor de tip. Vandaag mijn 5 sensoren ontvangen. Keurig binnen een week bezorgd.
flexer

Post by flexer »

I also bought 3 of these devices. Unfortunately, one is not working correctly :x , it shows HH:H in the display for the temperature and the humidity gives an flat 50% reading all the time. I've tried other channels and pushed the reset button with no effect.

So, this makes the other two devices a little more expensive.

Another weird thing is that the two other working THGR328 devices show a temperature reading that is 1 degree Celsius lower than another Oregon devices I already had in use and my Honeywelll thermostat.
SolidReason
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by SolidReason »

flexer wrote: Another weird thing is that the two other working THGR328 devices show a temperature reading that is 1 degree Celsius lower than another Oregon devices I already had in use and my Honeywelll thermostat.
Same here, the ones I got are consistently reading 0.8 degree lower than the other Oregon devices I have. Interestingly enough, all 3 read the exact same lower temperatures . . .
kriz83

Post by kriz83 »

SolidReason wrote:
flexer wrote: Another weird thing is that the two other working THGR328 devices show a temperature reading that is 1 degree Celsius lower than another Oregon devices I already had in use and my Honeywelll thermostat.
Same here, the ones I got are consistently reading 0.8 degree lower than the other Oregon devices I have. Interestingly enough, all 3 read the exact same lower temperatures . . .
Same thing here ...
jeroen_

Post by jeroen_ »

5 days for delivery time (Germany -> Switzerland), not too bad ;)

I unpacked one and turned it on, it had a 1 degree high reading but after 30 mins or so it normalised to the other one I have next to it.

Differences:
ORE_TH2 THGR810 proto 3.0 22.2 C / 44% RH Inside-only
ORE_TH4 THGR328N proto 2.0 22.1 C / 48% RH Outside-okay

I can't blame them for having a 0.1 offset. the 4% humidity is a bit off, but oh well...

ORE_THx is the identity that heyu as received by RFXCOM gives this model.
See http://jeelabs.net/projects/cafe/wiki/D ... 2_protocol for protocol differences btw.

Both support 5 channels, which is a good thing and as they get a random ID anyway you can put as many out there as you want.

IMHO a good deal, but then again, at least this one (did not test the other four) is functioning.

I do like the design of the THGR810 a bit better as it is a bit more round and quite a bit smaller.
The display is bigger and the case a lot more solid and water proof-ish on the THGR328N though, but it cycles between temp/RH, which is a bit disturbing when you have it on your desk.

Hmmm as it is an outside temp, time to put one on the other two sides of the house. Already got two outside ones so that even when the sun is blasting on it my weather station reports the coldest one, which is the one not in the sun but in the shade ;)

Return to “For Sale Forum (Dutch allowed)”