Post by marcelr »

/HCBv2/config/config_happ_scsync.xml
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: ZonOpToon alternative

Post by RdP »

TerrorSource wrote:Hi guys,

I found an interesting way to do the ZonOpToon cheaper then the usual way.
Someone pointed me to the KWH1073PRO fuse box module, as a replacement for an official ZonOpToon fuse box module.
shop1: https://mdhelektroshop.nl/dmmetering-kw ... p-u-mid-23
shop2: https://www.installatievakwinkel.nl/ine ... kwh1073pro (slightly cheaper)

1. Buy it
2. Put it in the fuse box
3. Connect 1 analog wire to the module and the meteradapter
4. change the value's of "SolarDisplay" and "SolarActivated" in scsync.xml in 1 (instead of 0)
5. Reboot the toon
6. Wait untill the sun's up :)
How do I connect the KWH1073PRO.
L-IN from the Transformer ??? In a normal power group you would connect L-IN to the Fuse, right.

Thanks,
Rien
TOON.png
TOON.png (81.08 KiB) Viewed 16711 times
Like this, see picture.
Rien
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Right.
But this is not a normal power group.

This group generates power rather than consumes it. So, you will need to have the inverter connected to L_in, and the consumers (anything, including the grid) connected to L_out.
odelay99
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by odelay99 »

So if I understand it correctly:
I have this kWh meter (S0 only) between my solar panels:
S0meter
S0meter
S0Meter.jpg (42.55 KiB) Viewed 16509 times
I can cut this cable and connect it to my kWh meter:
kabel1
kabel1
kabel1.jpg (29.93 KiB) Viewed 16509 times
and the other end to this:
kabel2
kabel2
Kabel2.jpg (19.21 KiB) Viewed 16509 times
Change "SolarDisplay" and "SolarActivated" and set the pulse to 2000 and I'm done..?

That would be awesome :D
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Correct. You could also use an old stereo headphones kabel (3.5mm jack plug) cut on one end.
Be sure to use the wiring as shown in a few threads earlier (domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=87& ... 969#p85244)

Owh, and ofcourse you need to have a P1 meter for mainpower and have the Toon meter connected using the P1 interface. Because the 3.5mm connector is now used for the solar power. Needless to say maybe 8)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
globegrabber
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by globegrabber »

Hello Toonists,
After some experimenting with the energie adaptor, there is a little update needed.
This has to do with the reading of the S0 puls, in piticilar when you connect i as the schema domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=87& ... 969#p85244
this the correct way to connect, only it is not complete! if you only connect these two wires and you plug in the Measuring adaptor there will be no pulse be read in,
because the input is not activated on the measuring adapter, or you has to first activate the input with a optical sensor, then remove it for the S0 puls then it works en wil the pulses been read in,
only thing if there is a power drop it would not be started up, ore you have to power up the measuring adaptor again with the optical sensor, ore you have to connect the optical sensor paralel en leaf it.

easiest is to short the contact 1 by contact 2 and 4, there has to be a current flow tho make the measerings adaptor input to being activated after a power drop or shut-of.
Normally between 1 and 2 there is a current flow through the led, i have directly shorten this and this seems to be no problem and activated the input after powering up the measuring adapter.

see the little modified schema for what i mean.
Attachments
Modified, for cold start
Modified, for cold start
image-2018-02-14.jpg (149.5 KiB) Viewed 16481 times
globegrabber
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by globegrabber »

odelay99 wrote:So if I understand it correctly:
I have this kWh meter (S0 only) between my solar panels:
S0Meter.jpg
I can cut this cable and connect it to my kWh meter:
kabel1.jpg
and the other end to this:
Kabel2.jpg
Change "SolarDisplay" and "SolarActivated" and set the pulse to 2000 and I'm done..?

That would be awesome :D
Just one thing, as i can see yours Kwh measering is a FINDER 7E23823xxxxx
yours puls rate has to be S0=1000 counts in stead 2000 led counds of the Kwh measering
[urlhttps://gfinder.findernet.com/public/attachments/7E/EN/S7EEN.pdf][/url]

look in the pdf in this colom: Open collector- output specification (SO+/SO–)
for the details of the S0, this collector out is different to the led puls!

with 2000 pulsus your producing twice the amount, don't think this will be compensated by the power company, control the produced energy of the sun Kwh measuring with the power companies Kwh used or delivered to the grid. these power energy soms should near the same.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

globegrabber wrote: because the input is not activated on the measuring adapter, or you has to first activate the input with a optical sensor, then remove it for the S0 puls then it works en wil the pulses been read in,
only thing if there is a power drop it would not be started up, ore you have to power up the measuring adaptor again with the optical sensor, ore you have to connect the optical sensor paralel en leaf it.

easiest is to short the contact 1 by contact 2 and 4, there has to be a current flow tho make the measerings adaptor input to being activated after a power drop or shut-of.
Normally between 1 and 2 there is a current flow through the led, i have directly shorten this and this seems to be no problem and activated the input after powering up the measuring adapter.
Nice find! I stumbled upon this also a few months ago when I wanted to simulate an S0 pule using a raspberry pi. Couldn't find why a cold start would not detect the pulses I created.
This seems so correct. Thank you for that!

Currently I have a red led connected to my pins output on a raspberry pi and have the Toon module look at that led. I can now finally fix that!

The reason why I have a raspberry pi simulating the S0 is because I am adding two seperate solar setups into one, so I can see the total output on Toon. Both setups are being monitored using a Wemos ESP on their own kWh S0 ports. Output (the calculated Watts generated) is then sent to the raspberrypi where the total Watts generated is calculated and then converted to S0 pulses again, connecting to the Toon module.
odelay99
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by odelay99 »

globegrabber wrote:Just one thing, as i can see yours Kwh measering is a FINDER 7E23823xxxxx
yours puls rate has to be S0=1000 counts in stead 2000 led counds of the Kwh measering
[urlhttps://gfinder.findernet.com/public/attachments/7E/EN/S7EEN.pdf][/url]

look in the pdf in this colom: Open collector- output specification (SO+/SO–)
for the details of the S0, this collector out is different to the led puls!

with 2000 pulsus your producing twice the amount, don't think this will be compensated by the power company, control the produced energy of the sun Kwh measuring with the power companies Kwh used or delivered to the grid. these power energy soms should near the same.
Thanks for noticing, but what does 2000 Imp/kWh mean printed on the kWh meter, is that something different then the pulses?
as far as i know this kWh meter does not have LED pulses.
This is the one I have: gfinder.findernet.com/public/attachment ... Modbus.pdf
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

That one is a modbus model and not S0.. modbus is something completly different.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Isn't this the one you have?

http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/daten ... _nl_cs.pdf

You can read that the S0 port is on 1000imp/kwh.
The 2000imp/kwh is for the 'pulse indicator' (on the lcd screen) just above where the 2000imp/kwh is written.

But 1000 imp/kwh will work just fine. Your solar graph would be a less more precise but it still works. I don't even think you will see the difference.
Eneco uses a meter doing 10.000imp/kwh. That precision will give you much more precision. But again, it really doesn't matter a lot. Only when the sun suddenly is behind a cloud or the cloud gets away this will temporary confuse the Toon. This is because the Toon calculates the current in-house solar usage with 'Solar-kWH-S0-Watts minus P1-meter-currentDelivered-Watts'. If the sun is suddenly gone this will take a while to reflect on a slower imp/kwh meter. The Toon then thinks that there is a device in your home which suddenly uses a lot of energy (the solar kwh still reports a high Watts generated but the P1 port doesn't show the same amount of Watts delivered to the grid). This will only take a few seconds to be normal again.
odelay99
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by odelay99 »

@TheHogNL you are right that is the one I have, sorry for the confusion..
Will try to connect it this weekend! thx
globegrabber
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by globegrabber »

Hello Toonists,

If you really have a modbus, you can't do noting with it in use with Toon, Modbus is communication protocol, an S0 is only a pulse output in amount of the used energy, by the way the 2000 imp/kwh is only the pulse led on the front of your S0 Kwh, this can but does not have to be the same with the S0 output( by some S0 Kwh measures they pulse rate can freely programmed the more expansief ones), if you want something more about what modbus ishttp://modbus.org/docs/PI_MBUS_300.pdf
greetz
Globegrabber
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Ok

I have received connected my KWH meter KWH1073PRO and connected the S0 to the TOON adapter (see picture) which is also connected the the smart meter via P1

I edited the config_happ_scsync.xml and enabled "SolarDisplay" and "SolarActivated". I can add ToonZon tegels

I rebooted the TOON and the adapter.

But still no readings on the Toon.

I assumed I had to enable TonZoon in the configuration and configure the meteradapter settings like pulse but I don't see such panel in the setup (see picture)

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
Rien
IMG_0087.jpeg
IMG_0087.jpeg (26.9 KiB) Viewed 16040 times
IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_0088.jpeg (25.52 KiB) Viewed 16040 times
Rien
globegrabber
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by globegrabber »

RdP wrote:Ok

I have received connected my KWH meter KWH1073PRO and connected the S0 to the TOON adapter (see picture) which is also connected the the smart meter via P1

I edited the config_happ_scsync.xml and enabled "SolarDisplay" and "SolarActivated". I can add ToonZon tegels

I rebooted the TOON and the adapter.

But still no readings on the Toon.

I assumed I had to enable TonZoon in the configuration and configure the meteradapter settings like pulse but I don't see such panel in the setup (see picture)

Any help is welcome.
Hallo Rien and Toonist,

If reed yours problem, as i try to read the picture you took from the settings of your Toon, i think i can read Verbonden met Stroom/gas so your settings are not complete see my picture of the settings!

I think you better remove you meter adaptor by pressing remove and press the little black button on de side of yours measuring adaptor, (let the p1 and the sun S0 input sits where they are) if you get the check when it says removed you can teach it again by press the teach-in button in settings again and follow the instructions and this will be press several times the little black button on the measuring adaptor (there will be a question by teach it in to do this in close ranch = about 2 meters this (if possible)
then you will get again a check .
Toon wil say that the sensors are being configured.
Suc6.
Globegrabber
Attachments
Settings
Settings
IMG_20180217_184303_verkleind.jpg (54.57 KiB) Viewed 16020 times

Return to “Toon Hardware”