Home Automation nodes

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
bprosman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Home Automation nodes

Post by bprosman »

Because of the fact that the 8051 core is still my favourite and I still had some at89s8252/8253's lying around I made a programmer for them. It's based on the design of a AT89S8252 Flashboard published in Elektor a Dutch electronics magazine. Two serial ports, one to program and the second one for the UART (RS232)if the target board doesnt have a RS232 driver itself. Additionally I made two universal boards, to play around with 1-Wire, SD-Card, ENC28J60 (Ethernet)and to make a "Home Automation Node".

The programmer :

Bottom-view :

Boxed version :

Two small universal CPU boards :

In the mean time I've extended one of the two boards with a Real-Time-Clock [2], backup battery [1], a DS1821 temperature sensor [3]. Microprocessor [4], RS232 interface [5], and some extra space for a RS485 driver [6].

My goal is to create a TEMP08 kind of device. For the time being I didnt bother yet about the energy consumption of the processor board itself, first of all I'll start writing code for the RTC and temperature sensor(s). (Reading the RTC and one 1 sensor already works).

Groeten, Bram
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Home Automation nodes

Post by Bwired »

Always nice if you made it yourself!
Keep us posted and in English please [;)]
bprosman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Home Automation nodes

Post by bprosman »

Hi Pieter,

Overlooked the fact that this forum was mainly English. I've translated the text.

Best regards, Bram
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Home Automation nodes

Post by Bwired »

You're the best.
Only 2 post more and you can use PM :-)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Home Automation nodes

Post by Digit »

Sometimes i wish i could make those things myself also. This is one of those times :-)
Lempens

Home Automation nodes

Post by Lempens »

Hi Bprosman,

I see you like to use the ENC28J60 (Ethernet) Maybee, you can look at
http://members.home.nl/bzijlstra/softwa ... z810mj.htm

I have used the ENC28J60 serveral times, but I'm rebuilding them now to the Wiznet module, because the ENC28J60 uses more code, and isn't that stable as i tought. First the ENC28J60 doesn't work with cisco switch and HP procurve switch. Why I'dont know maybe my fault. Second, the wiznet use a SPI interface. So you can connect it to your SPI programmer interface, and don't have to use extra ports.
akhe
Starting Member
Starting Member

Home Automation nodes

Post by akhe »

The problem with different switches is just because the enc28j60 does not autonegotiate duplex so it's no big problem. Just decide for one of them full or half. Half duplex will work with all switches.

This problem is not typical for ENC28J60 you see it with many other chips to.

Also ENC28J60 use a SPI interface...

Cheers
/Ake
Lempens

Home Automation nodes

Post by Lempens »

The samples I have seen, And build for my own needed more componets then the Wiznet. How do you program the ENC28j60 to work on Half duplex. Instead of changing the switch
akhe
Starting Member
Starting Member

Home Automation nodes

Post by akhe »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lempens</i>
<br />The samples I have seen, And build for my own needed more componets then the Wiznet. How do you program the ENC28j60 to work on Half duplex. Instead of changing the switch
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">+-
There is a note about that in the errdata for it. Also a notr in the driver that Microchip supplies.

I didn't try to pro ENC28J60 in any way. The Wiznet devices are very nice to and definitely easy to use.

Return to “Home Automation Projects”