ELRO 'Flamingo' AB400DSS set

Forum about Click On Click Off (KAKU), Home Easy and related hardware.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Hi,

Anyone ever tried something with this set?

It contains:

2 * AB400S Wireless switch;
1 * AB400D Wireless dimmer;
1 * AB400R Remote control.

Any chance that this stuff is compatible with KAKU or Koppla?

Regards,
Robert.
Stoommaaltijd
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Stoommaaltijd »

Hi Digit... are these the ones where you have to pair buttons on the remote with the switches and it will choose a random code and store it? (And subsequently lose it by the way when you have a powercut?)(HEMA sold those too as a home brand version)
I have some of those as well which would be nice to be able to use still for some applications... so I'd be interested to know too.

I have some Intertechno jobbies as well, which I have found the best remotes so far (before I started looking into x10 etc) and their remotes look similar to KlikAan/KlikUit but I am not sure if they are compatible either.

All these options eh? Ok, me curious too!
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

They look like this:

Are we talking about the same thing here?

BTW, i just bumped into this site http://www.ezcontrol.de/ where they have a device called EZ-Control T-10 that can handle this ELRO stuff...

That's all i know by now....

Regards,
Robert.
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

If somebody has these device available for me for a few days I will probably be able to add the protocol in the RFXCOM receiver and transmitter.

Bert
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Bert,

You can have mine, for as long as you need...[:)]
So if i can help, just contact me and we'll arrange the 'exchange' !

Robert
Stoommaaltijd
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Stoommaaltijd »

Ah no, mine look totally different... but I find it a cool idea that someone actually knows how to add them to the RFXCOM software. That makes me quite keen on buying a RFXCOM set. Sadly it's a bit of an investment if you want to buy the set...so... I will have to save up for it.

What I was really hoping is that you'd be able to add units to the software/list of codes (whichever way that works) yourself. That way you could also use the units that 'learn' a code everytime you pair them with a remote. Anyway, this is already quite cool so thanks Bert for offering that to us!
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

stoommaaltijd, would you be so kind to post a picture of the set you mentioned. I suppose all Elro sets will use the same protocol and I will buy some types here in the local stores.

bert
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

I have tested the Elro AB600 series. The protocol is identical to KlikAan-KlikUit.
So the Elro AB600 is supported by the RFXCOM 60005 transmitter and the remotes and switches can be received by the 70002 USB receiver or 60092 2nd receiver module.

I have to test the Flamingo devices.

Bert
Stoommaaltijd
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Stoommaaltijd »

Hi Bert.

The set I mentioned that needs you to pair up remote and switch/dimmer unit was on the market by Elro and homebrand HEMA.
On the ELRO remote it says: AB300 (model 288C)

As far as I am aware these are no longer for sale. They worked very well but had the drawback that if you lost power, you had to re-pair the remotes and the units.
So their codes must be completely random... must be hard to get that to work with rfxcom anyway.

But if you have a number of these units, like me, it would have been nice to have a 'learn' mode in rfxcom but I am not too bothered.

I have another set which is the best I have experienced so far... and that's from Intertechno.
What I do need to find out is if the Intertechno remotes are klikaan/uit compatible... the remote looks very similar. As soon as I have an opportunity I shall post a picture of it.

To make the story complete... I also have a couple of sets from 15 years back which I bought in France... totally obscure but they still work. (Another reason to like the idea of a learning function in the rfxcom software...)

Ah well... more later!

Ciao!

Eric
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

The 70005 RFXCOM transmitter is updated with the Flamingo protocol. http://www.rfxcom.com/transmitters.htm
The Ikea-Koppla protocol has been removed from the 70005 transmitter but is still available on special request.
The 70005 transmitter has the following protocols:
X10 Lighting,
X10 Security.
Digimax,
RFXSensor,
RFXPower,
NEC,
KlikOn-KlikOff,
NEXA,
ELRO AB600,
Flamingo AB400,
Harrison electrical curtains.

Bert
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Bert,

Very nice! I'm gonna buy me a 70005, that's for sure! [:D]

One question however:
I currently have a Master Visonic (60007) and a Slave X10+Oregon (60075) receiver, so using the handshake cable isn't possible.
I'll probably have to buy a Master X10 receiver (70002) for that and use the current X10/Oregon-receiver i already have, just for Oregon.
I think that's the bust solution, am i right?

Or deal with my own transmissions...

Regards,
Robert.
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

Hi Robert,

The receivers can be re-programmed to exchange them. I've sent you an e-mail.

Bert
flexer

Post by flexer »

Hello All,

I've setup a Zwave system in my home. It works perfect and switching through Homeseer is very fast and reliable. Zwave is 2-way communication and has the advantage that the status of a device can be polled and displayed by Homeseer.

However, Zwave switching units aren't the most cheapest devices. I like to extend the remote switching capabilities (with RFXCom) to the less important lights in my home where status information is less important. I'm looking now at the KlikOn-KlikOff devices and the Elro AB600 series. Elro seems to be cheaper. Has anyone experiences with those 2 manufacturers? What are the differences and (dis-)advantages?

Regards,

Flexer
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

After having Elro AB600 series devices in my house (livingroom mainly) for half a year or so, i gave them all away, for free. Didn't dare to ask money for them... not just because they were cheap. They also look and feel cheaper then KAKU. Regarding KAKU: the things i have installed now, seem to work properly. I have 1 KAKU door sensor and 1 wall switch. Both work fine for over a month now. Both are used for unimportant things. These 2 devices have to prove reliability before i decide to spend more money on this brand.
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

The new KAKU with automatic code system is working properly and the chance that those units are triggered by the remote of your neighbors is zero. Don't use the older KAKU with address wheels because they can be switched easily by other remotes and they don't have the "set dim level" option.

BTW the Flamingo option has been removed from the latest RFXCOM transmitter versions.

Return to “Click On Click Off & Home Easy”