Prodigy Crestron

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
tag2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Prodigy Crestron

Post by tag2 »

Sorry for this newbie question. But we are about to build our new house and looking for a "good" domotica platform for it. I ran into a salespitch from Crestron Prodigy which sounded like it has everything we need. Basic system not too expensive, im expecting about 5k euro, which can be easily adapted and expanded to other areas. Our first priorities will be security, lighting, heating, electric windows/sun block. Next audio and tv. Am i correct that this system is not integratable with the KNX/EIB standard? anybody have good or bad experience with prodigy or tips? I need to choose a system pretty quickly.

thnx alot!
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Prodigy Crestron

Post by DJF3 »

There's no usable answer to your question. The people on this forum primarily use Homeseer. This is a great system that allows us to do almost everything.
Homeseer + RFXCOM allows you to use a huge mix of (RF!) technologies that are easy to deploy, cheap and integrate perfectly.

I have no experience with KNX/EIB. From what I understood this is less open and less flexible, especially if you look at the price. A couple of weeks ago I wrote a blog about "How to start cheap with Home Automation" and the components that you need/can_use/must_have/etc.

Cheapest way to start
domoticaworld.com/home-automation-News/ ... art-cheap/

Pricing examples
domoticaworld.com/domotica1/ordering-pr ... g-pricing/

Cheers
DJ

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”